Here there is a compilation of academic ethnographic research performed with seniors from Brazil. It had been developed based on three methods:
1) Someone like me – Uma pessoa como eu
The image self-construction is the first point for anthropological research. This research had been based in self-documentation, where the interviewed answered to some questions taking photos by her self.
2) My home, my temple – Minha casa, meu templo
The home (the place where the individual lives) structure and objects compose the meaning source that is the second point for antropological researchs. This research had been based in photo documentation and interview.
3) Field research – Pesquisa de campo
The individual culture is the third point for antropological researchs. This research had been based in photo documentation, activity observation and interview.
As output common characteristics seen:
- The common feeling of missing (saudade) of loved people who had already left or that are yet alive, but don’t live near the interviewed;
- The family importance
- The use of television as a common passtime.